Simple procedure! Speedy disposal!
- Commercial disputes will be settled/decided at the earliest, approximately within 6 months.
- No permanent animosity. Mostly it will be a win-win-situation.
- In-camera enquiry.
- The parties themselves can conduct the case or engage lawyers
- Transparent and simplified procedures.
- Civil procedure code, 1908 and Indian Evidence act 1872 are not applicable for Arbitration Tribunal Enquieriel.
- Hearing can be had in any place at any time at the convenience of the parties and arbitrators.
- More time at the disposal of the businessmen to concentrate on their business and its growth instead of a protracted litigation.
- Proceedings can be either in English / Tamil or bilingual.
- International Commercial disputes can also be decided.
- If parties agree, mediation can be tried before going for arbitration.
- The Award passed by the Arbitration Tribunal can be executed in a court of law as other decrees of regular court.
- Against the Award, appeal is preferable only to the District Court/High court.
- Experience shows that litigation often ends in settlement in the Arbitration Tribunal.
- If Arbitration Agreement is not entered into prior to the dispute, such agreement may be entered into by the parties even after the dispute arose and then the ChaAT can be approached.
Note : Litigants need not be members of TN Chamber or any other trade organization.